DEVEREAUX POOL RULES 2017
The purpose of these Rules and Regulations is to ensure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities for the benefit and protection of all Devereaux residents and their guests. Your cooperation in abiding by the following conditions and cautioning your children to be familiar with and observe all rules and regulations are sincerely appreciated.
Hours of Operation
• The pool will be open from 6:30am to 8:30pm daily.
• All persons must shower before entering the pool.
• The pool remains open during small, infrequent rain showers. However, following inclement weather, the pool will remain closed ½ hour after the last sign of thunder or lightning for everyone’s safety.
• Use of the Devereaux Community Pool shall be limited to Devereaux residents and their guests only. Owners and family members who are not residents of Devereaux do not have rights to us the pool. Only Devereaux residents who have paid their monthly homeowner fees will be allowed to use the pool.
• Devereaux residents must accompany their guests and shall be held responsible for their guest(s). The cost of any property damage will be charged to the responsible resident
• All Devereaux residents must use your pool FOB for access into the pool area. No Devereaux resident under the age of 14 is allowed in the pool area unless accompanied by an adult at all times. If the Devereaux resident is between the ages of 14-18 years old, they may come to the pool, but CANNOT bring a guest. An adult is a person 18 years or older.
• Entry to pool by climbing the fence/gates is not allowed.
• All persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Devereaux Homeowners Association assumes NO responsibility for any injury or accident in connection with use of facilities.
• Children shall not use the pool without adult supervision.
• No swimming alone.
• No running or horseplay is allowed.
• No playing on the ladders.
• No diving is allowed.
• No animals of any kind are allowed in the gated pool area.
• No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the gated pool area.
• Food and/or drinks are not allowed in or near the pool. Please use the provided tables for your drinks and food items.
• No bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, balloons or toys that are not suitable for water are allowed in the pool “gated” area.
• No person having a communicable disease or condition, or inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharge, open wound or bandages will be allowed in the pool.
• If a fecal contamination occurs in the pool, the pool will be closed for a minimum of 12 hours, while the pool is cleaned and sanitized.
• A phone is available at the pool in the event of an emergency. EMERGENCY DIAL 911
If an accident occurs at the pool-DO NOT TRY TO HANDLE IT YOURSELF. CALL R 7 P POOL MANAGEMENT AT 919-363-5040 OR OMEGA MANAGEMENT AT 919-461-0102SO THAT THE POOL CAN BE CLOSED.
• Only appropriate swim attire will be allowed. Street clothes are not allowed in the pool.
• Swim diapers are required if the child is still in diapers. A regular diaper may not be used as they absorb water and burst and can cause the filter to clog.
• Children in swim diapers are required to wear plastic pants.
• No sitting or playing on the lane ropes, this stretches them out.
• Only lap swimming is allowed in the swimming lane. The lap lane will be closed during swim team practices.
• Items belonging to the Devereaux pool and community should be used respectfully and for its intended use. Example: chairs, tables etc., should not be put in the pool, lifesaving equipment should not be played with, etc.
• Please do not litter. Place all trash in the proper trash or recycling bins provided.
• Chairs and tables should be put back in place and umbrellas closed when you leave the pool.
• No smoking is allowed in the gated area of the pool. Smokers must exit the pool area. Receptacles are provided outside the gated area for disposal.
• Use of the kitchen is permitted through the Devereaux Recreation Committee. If you use the kitchen, please be sure you take all your leftovers home and clean up the counters and sinks when you are done.
HOW TO ENFORCE THE RULES
• Approach the member or guest in a polite manner and attempt to resolve the issue in a “neighborly” way.
• Contact Omega Management at (919) 461-0102 to report violations.
• Contact Town of Cary Police Department to report trespassing. Non-emergency number is (919) 469-4012
Penalty for Rule Violations: In the event that any of the rules for use of the common area recreational facilities are violated, the Board shall have the authority to impose penalties for such violation including, but not limited to, suspension of privileges for use of the recreational facilities by the owner, family member, guest or tenant who shall be found to have violated a rule. The length of suspension of privileges may range from one day to the remainder of the pool season, and in particularly egregious circumstances affecting safety of other participants, may be extended to the immediately succeeding annual pool season as well. In the event the Board shall propose a suspension of use privileges as penalty for infraction of these rules, the Board shall notify the person or persons accused of violating the rules of their right to appear before the board at a due process hearing and give reason, if any, that the penalty proposed should not be invoked. Following such hearing, the Board shall notify the owner associated with the violator (in the event violator is a family member, guest or tenant), as well as notifying the violator specifically of the penalty imposed.”